The building of St Bartholomew's is itself a powerful statement of the presence of the Church in the community. It has an active and busy congregation of a wide variety of ages and ethnicities, and a church school which is an important part of parish life. Worship and teaching are of a liberal catholic style.
We have a tradition of music (Sir George Grove lived in the parish) which currently produces the Orchestra of St Bartholomew's, composed of local musicians from London's leading orchestras. The organ is a fine example of a work by William Hill dating from 1874.
The north aisle and transept were turned into a parish hall in 1985. A nave altar designed by Karen Butti to fit with the style of the east window was dedicated in 2001.
The church is open to visitors most Saturdays 9.30 am - 12.30 pm; and most Sundays 11.30 am - 12.30 pm.
For more information visit our website or related pages: 'Historical Information About Our Church' & 'The Workmen's Grave' at the bottom of this page.