So why become a chorister at St Faith and St Laurence?
• Enjoy singing good music in the company of other good musicians
• Develop your musical skills free of charge, and progress through the ‘ribbon scheme’
• Enjoy a range of church and social events
• Receive some extra pocket money (a small payment for each rehearsal and service)
Who are we?
• A group of about 15 boys and girls. Adults join us for some services and concerts.
• Our choristers attend many local schools.
When do we sing?
• We rehearse in the church on Thursdays from 6-7pm
• We sing at Sunday morning services (10-11.15am), but arrive at 9.30am for a ‘warm up’
• We occasionally sing on Sunday evenings, or at special events (eg Birmingham Cathedral, Concert for Remembrance, Christmas ‘Wassail Evening’)
Do you have to attend everything?
• No. Come to whatever you can manage, but let us know when you can come
• Most choristers come each week on Thursday (6-7pm) and Sunday morning
What do we wear?
• Anything for rehearsals (Thursdays)
• On Sundays we wear robes over our normal clothes
Who is in charge?
• Simon Palmer is the Organist and Choirmaster, and Head of Music at King Edward VI Camp Hill School for Boys. He has a wealth of experience in directing choirs and dealing with children. Contact [email protected] (07932 791717)
Why not come along on a Thursday and see if you enjoy it?