The following policy was agreed by the Parochial Church Councils (PCCs) on:
Claydon & Barham PCC October 2021
Great Blakenahm PCC October 2021
Henley PCC October 2021
In accordance with the Church of England Safeguarding Policy our Benefice is committed to:
• Promoting a safer environment and culture.
• Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children, young people and vulnerable adults within the church.
• Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation.
• Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons.
• Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons.
• Responding to those that may pose a present risk to others.
The Benefice will:
• Create a safe and caring place for all.
• Have a named Parish Safeguarding Officer (PSO) for each Parish to work with the incumbent and the PCC to implement policy and procedures.
• Safely recruit, train and support all those with any responsibility for children, young people and adults to have the confidence and skills to recognise and respond to abuse.
• Ensure that there is appropriate insurance cover for all activities involving children and adults undertaken in the name of the parish.
• Display in each church premises and on the Parish website the details of who to contact if there are safeguarding concerns or support needs.
• Listen to and take seriously all those who disclose abuse.
• Take steps to protect children and adults when a safeguarding concern of any kind arises, following House of Bishops guidance, including notifying the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser (DSA) and statutory agencies immediately.
• Offer support to victims/survivors of abuse regardless of the type of abuse, when or where it occurred.
• Care for and monitor any member of the church community who may pose a risk to children and adults whilst maintaining appropriate confidentiality and the safety of all parties.
• Ensure that health and safety policy, procedures and risk assessments are in place and that these are reviewed annually.
• Review the implementation of the Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practices at least annually.
Each person who works within this Benefice community will agree to abide by this policy and the guidelines established by this Benefice.
Parish Safeguarding Officers contact details:
Ann Colthorpe is appointed Parish Safeguarding Officer St Mary & St Peter, Claydon & Barham. Tel: 01473 831079
Churchwardens: Robert Clark and Jonathan Dedman
Clare Thomas is appointed Parish Safeguarding Officer St Peter, Henley. Tel: 01473 832808
Churchwardens: Sarah Hazelwood and Richard Self
Wendy Hooper is appointed Parish Safeguarding Office St Mary, Great Blakenham. Tel: 01473 846642
Churchwarden: Wendy Hooper
During Current vacancy - Acting Rural Dean - Rev Daniel Harrison 01473658234 email [email protected]
Date: September 2022